Changing the wordpress admin username, as this can be a great security measure to help prevent unauthorized access to your wordpress admin dashboard.
Using the steps below, add a new wordpress administrator user, delete your old non-secure default admin one, and then assign or attribute all of the old user’s posts to your new secure user.
1) From the left-hand menu, hover over Users, then click on Add New
2) Fill in all of the user fields with new info.
Then select Administrator from the Role drop-down.
Finally click on Add New User.
3) You should now see your new admin user you just created.
4) Then click on Log Out
5) Now type in your new WordPress admin username and password and click Log In
6) From the left-hand menu click on Users , old admin user, then click Delete.
(note: Its highly recommended to take backup for your WordPress database, prior to deleting your old admin user)
7) IMPORTANT : Now select your new admin user from the Attribute all posts drop-down, and click on Confirm Deletion.
8) Now the old admin user has been deleted, and you should only be left with the new administrator user, will all the old posts attributed to it.
My name is Shashank Shekhar. I am a Software Engineer, currently working in one of the leading web-hosting companies in India. I am having 2 years of experience in Linux Server Administration.
I love to work in Linux environment & love learning new things.
Powered by Facebook Comments